About "ata1: command....."

Filippos Klironomos presariod at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 20:59:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

Have you installed nVidia drivers?  Does your onboand LAN work without
> problem?

no I've avoided the nVidia drivers since my system is only for numerical
work
and did not want additional problems. The PCI ethernet seems to be working
fine although I have a nForce ethernet card and the driver for it is the
reverse-engineered  'forcedeth' module. At first I thought that was the
culprit
for the freezes.

I'm now running a PCI NIC.  Whenever enabling the onboard LAN the PC
> will freeze immediately.

The best thing to do is google it, maybe there is a work around, either on
the
ACPI side, or on the driver side.

Good luck!
Filippos