USB thumb drive questio

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 01:08:36 UTC 2006

1.   To check and start and stop automount:  system-> administration ->
services -> autofs

2.  Are you running the strict selinux?  If so (anyone) doesn't that have
everything locked down like this?

3.  No comprendo regarding the FC3 reference.  A lot of things mounted
automatically around that time.  SELinux didn't enter my world anyway until
recently.

4.  Maybe as a test, you could disable SELinux and see if you can get it to
automount.  If you can, then at least you know what's interfering.  Since
you tried two thumbdrives that tends to validate selinux as a possible
culprit.

5.  It doesn't sound like there is anything physically wrong with the disk
since you have the same problem with 2 usb thumb/pen type drives.  For TS
purposes only I would recommend temporarily removing all other usb devices
until you can get this handled.

Marc