Console Fonts and Languages

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 23 04:36:28 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 03:52 +0300, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> Well in my original posting i was asking about the default iocharset ,
> the default codepage and the default keymap .

Are you talking about wanting to affect the text-mode consoles and/or
the consoles running in an X session?  For consoles within X, they
probably have a menu you can use.  I know you said you used KDE, but
Gnome-terminals have a menu item for that.  It'd be remiss of KDE
consoles not to do something similar.

And what exactly are you referring to with iocharset?  If you're talking
about characters typed in and results printed back, then the encoding
scheme (e.g. UTF-8) covers that.

You probably want to look through the man pages returned by:
apropos locale

I read messages from the public lists.