USB thumb drive questio

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Apr 23 12:02:22 UTC 2006

On Sunday 23 April 2006 02:03, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi Anne,
>
> > What make/models are these pen drives?
>
> Avixe Platinum Drive.
>
> > or whether there is
> > something
> > unusual about them.
>
> No.  I have 2, one with DSL on pendrive installed and another for
> storage.  Both of them work without problem on FC3 and on Knoppix
> LiveCd 4.0.2
>
> The BIO of the motherboard ASUS A8N-VM detected it adding an item under
>
> Advanced --> USB Mass Storage Device Configure
> USB Mass Storage Reset Delay  [20sec]
> Device #1 AvixePDU01_512 61G2.00.00
> Emulation Type

I don't know whether this will give anyone any ideas/clues, but I found this
quote:

"I have Avixe Platinum Drives, 512MB and 1G. They can't be formatted as FAT32,
only FAT16, ext2, ext3, etc. and can only be booted as USB-ZIP on BIOS
setting, while running FAT16 zip geometry with syslinux as boot loader. With
grub as bootloader running on FAT16 non of the BIOS setting
USB-HDD/USB-ZIP/USB-FDD, etc. can detect it."

Mikkel, are you there?  Does this suggest anything to you?

Anne