HTTPD, hacked Help?

CodeHeads ch at code-heads.com
Sun Apr 23 14:50:35 UTC 2006

"the httpd and (if you're using ssl) httpsd error logs are the most
likely places to look for the problem. look at the end of the files as
that's where the problem with a current start/restart will show.

there may be something in /var/log/messages, but it's likely to be much
less helpful than the httpd error log."

I am not using SSL

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 07:28 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> One suggestion would be to at least specify what version of Fedora you
> are running, and whether or not it was working before.
Sorry, it is FC4. And yes Apache was running fine before.

> Easiest way when it won't start is to backup the log and start with them
> virgin - then try to start it. That way you don't have to watch the end
> of the log, and it is easy to attach if you don't find the problem.
I will give that a whirl and see what happens.

> For what it is worth, apache works just fine for me at the moment on
> both fc4 and fc5.
Apache has always worked for me, past 4 years :)

--
Best regards,
Will W.