FC5 Canon LiDE 30 and libusbscanner

Richard England rengland at europa.com
Sun Apr 23 20:53:04 UTC 2006

I've recently updated from FC4 to FC5 and attached my Canon LiDE 30
scanner. This scanner works under FC3. I never tried it on FC4 before
updating the machine. I can't seem to get it to be recognized except as
root.  Even then, when I attempt to scan something, I get a "Failed to
start scanner: Device busy" error.

#scanimage -L
device 'plustek:libusb:001:004' is a Canon N1240U/LiDE30 USB flatbed scanner

My research, to date, shows that part of the problem might be that
/etc/hotplug/usb/libusbscanner might be missing.

Is there some step I've missed here?  Has anyone else been successful in
getting a USB scanner to function and can they shed any light on this
situation?  As far as I can tell sane-backend is as update to date as
the repositories allow.

--
--R