Console Fonts and Languages

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 24 13:15:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 23:49 +0300, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> a problem i have was with xmms , but there is an ongoing investigation on
> that which is font related

I presume you've tried some of the settings from within XMMS?

Tim:
>> And what exactly are you referring to with iocharset?

> iocharset is the mount setting that has to be used when you want to
> mount a partition with filenames that have charachters that don't
> bellong to the original 7bit ASCII code , in other words non English
> Charachters .

Surely that'd be a "mounting" issue, then?  (man mount)  The system
knows the local characters, you'd just have to properly identify the
mounted system's, manually (parameters in your fstab file).

To be pedantic, there are, also, English characters that aren't
represented by ASCII.  ;-)

I read messages from the public lists.