Firefox Acroread plugin not working

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Apr 24 18:32:40 UTC 2006

On Monday 24 April 2006 13:48, Paul Howarth wrote:
>On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 13:38 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> From previous remarks made in this and similar threads, I'm
>> wondering about the java J2SE I'm currently downloading to that FC5
>> lappy.
>>
>> In that event, is the correct chcon command:
>> chcon  -t
>> texrel_shlib_t
>> /path/to/directory_of_library_being_complained_about/*.so
>
>Sometimes the directory is shared with other things so that might not
> be advisable.
>
>Try something more along the lines of:
>
>while app-fails-to-run
>do
> note failing library filename
> chcon -t textrel_shlib_t /path/to/libXYZ.so.number
>done

Where does one find this info since java normally runs silently?  I have
copied the java ns7 plugin to the firefox plugins dir, but its still
not found, and running firefox from the shell and doing an
about:plugins leaves a blank shell when firefox is then quit.

>That should just fix the libraries that need fixing.
>
>Make a note of any libraries that you need to do this for, as it could
>help other people if you posted the list is response to queries by
> other people, or indeed to bugzilla.
>
>As a matter of interest, a lot of libraries need this treatment; you
> can see the ones SELinux already knows about as follows:
>
># semanage fcontext -l | grep textrel

here, thats VERY limited

[root at diablo ~]# semanage fcontext -l |grep texrel
/usr(/.*)?/intellinux/plug_ins/.*\.api             regular file
system_u:object_r:texrel_shlib_t:s0
/usr(/.*)?/intellinux/nppdf\.so                    regular file
system_u:object_r:texrel_shlib_t:s0
/usr/lib(64)?/libsipphoneapi\.so.*                 regular file
system_u:object_r:texrel_shlib_t:s0
/usr(/.*)?/intellinux/lib/\.so                     regular file
system_u:object_r:texrel_shlib_t:s0

>The first column of output is a regex matching full pathnames.
>
>Also note that changes to context using "chcon" may get reverted if
> the system is relabelled. Setting new defaults for the necessary
> files using semanage stops this happening.
>
>Paul.

Looking in the firefox plugins dir after installing j2se-1.5.0.6 and
copying the ns7 version of the libhavaplugins.so
to /usr/lib/firefox-version/plugins I see:

[root at diablo plugins]# ls -lZ
-rwxr-xr-x  root     root     root:object_r:lib_t
libjavaplugin_oji.so
-rwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t
libnullplugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t
libunixprintplugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t nppdf.so

Now, maybe I'm slow this morning, but my reading of the semanage manpage
makes no mention of setting a 'default' that a relabel will leave
alone.

I've used chcon to set libjavaplugin_oji.so to textrel_shlib_t,

root at diablo plugins]# ls -lZ
-rwxr-xr-x  root     root     root:object_r:textrel_shlib_t
libjavaplugin_oji.so
-rwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t
libnullplugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t
libunixprintplugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t nppdf.so

but how do I change it from root: to system_u:?  (I'm assuming that will
allow all users as opposed to just root to use it)

And FWIW, This change did not enable java in the firefox plugins
listings.

And how do we make it permanent in the face of another relabel?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: