Emails Bouncing - Please Help!!

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 24 23:16:46 UTC 2006

From: "Jeff Vian" <jvian10 at charter.net>

> On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 15:59 -0400, Steven Pasternak wrote:
>> Andy Green wrote:
>> >
>> > The list server software has noticed it has been unable to deliver a
>> > bunch of mails to your mailbox.  To stop wasting time and bandwidth
>> > trying to repeatedly deliver every message forever hopelessly again
>> > and again, as a safety measure the list software disables your account
>> > temporarily and tries to notify you.
>> >
>> > Examine your mail logs to find out what happened, or if you simply had
>> > extended downtime, just re-enable your account on each list.
>> >
>> > -Andy
>> >
>> I WAS gone for a week in Florida over spring break; could that be the
>> reason?
> If your mail box filled up and bounced incoming mail it certainly could
> be.
>
> To avoid that, if I am going to be gone for a time I usually unsubscribe
> from the lists, then resubscribe when I return.

I just have an ISP that allows gigabyte and more mailboxes.... (I am my
own "real" mail ISP. I fetch it from Earthlink and store it here. Loren
keeps emails on the servers. I don't. So all 4+ GiB I have stored is no
problem at all. There's another 287 GiB where that 4 came from. But I
do not expect to use it ALL for only email.)

{^_-}