LCD Monitors

Stephen Mirowski spmirowski at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 25 05:05:01 UTC 2006

Jim Patterson wrote:
> I was looking at getting a Dell UltraSharp monitor and was warned by a
> friend that some LCD  monitors don't work with Linux.   Does anyone
> know of large LCD monitor which will work with Fedora .  And would
> there be a dependency on version.  I still have some boxes running
> Fedora 3 and Fedora 2 .

If you go into system config display, it lists the drivers of the
monitors supported
by company name.  You can use a generic LCD driver for monitors depending
on what you do with it.

If I hook up my Samsung 191T to my lapper and use the generic 1280*1024,
I get
no overlay video for media players, but w/ the proper driver, the video
shows.

Stephen