Installation of Fedora 5 failure. Help needed

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Apr 25 11:58:14 UTC 2006

sgong at gmu.edu wrote:

> I tried both installation DVD and CD for 6+ times, and the phenomenon is
> the same. I wonder if anyone has seen this problem before and how to solve
> it. Or anyone has ever installed it successfully, what was his hardware
> configuration and software package.

I've had similar problems.
In my view there is something seriously wrong with Anaconda.

My solution is to do a minimal install (answer "Customise now"
and then answer "Minimal install" at the end of the list of choices).
Then install whatever you want afterwards with "yum groupinstall".

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366