FC5 TV recording?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 25 22:08:47 UTC 2006

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Terry Snyder wrote:

>> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/ <http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/> has a very good
> guide to setting up a mythtv
>> system using Fedora.
>
> I have tried Myth TV and it keeps changing my screen resolution, and taking
> over the entire computer screen.  I don't want to dedicate the computer to
> be a PVR/DVR.

Wether it runs full screen or windowed is a selectable option in the setup
for the frontend.

> I also couldn't get it to watch Live TV from a window on the
> computer when running Myth TV.

mythtv is two pieces, the backend which controls tuner cards, maintains
the channel metadata and managed reocordings and a front end which
displays video captured by the backend served off disk and displays the
channel guide. live video is actually encoded in real-time and served from
the backend to the front-end.

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu