New user

Terry hall7334 at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 26 01:44:41 UTC 2006

I have just loaded Fedora 5 on one of my computers.  This is the first time I have
ever tried Linux and I need some help.

I have it loaded on my computer and when it boots I get 2 failed items.

1. udev times out
2. router discovery fails.

I am not able to access any other computers on my system, there are 4 all together.
I don't have a server, the computers all connect to a linksys wired 4 port router and
thru that to the internet.  The other 3 work fine.  I am not able to get on the internet
with the Linux machine either.  The network card shows and is active.  I also need to
know how to load the driver for my video capture card.

Sorry to appear a total idiot but I will learn, I just need some help right now.

Terry