Yum - Removal of dependant packages.

ded my.accountnow at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 26 09:48:37 UTC 2006

Hi list,

I installed FC5 on one of my test machines Monday afternoon. My
first impression is that it is very stable, everything pretty much
works as expected and it's a pleasant to use system.

I do have one question that I haven't been able to find an answer
for as yet. I installed licq (and the four or five packages that
came with it) on Monday afternoon. Later I decided I didn't need it,
so I used Yum to remove licq. I was a bit surprised when Yum only
listed licq for removal with no mention of the other programs licq
pulled in when it was installed.

Does Yum not remove dependant packages or did I need to do more than
Yum remove <package>?

Kind Regards,
BOFH excuse #148:

Insert coin for new game