HELP: Worst ever RPM spec files needed

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 15:43:11 UTC 2006

Today, Red Hat announced the full agenda for the Red Hat Summit
(http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/agenda/print_agenda.html). I'm
giving one of the presentations, entitled:

"RPM best practices: Making software distribution easy and predictable"

As part of that presentation, I would like to show off some of the worst
RPM specfiles that have ever been created. They don't have to be for
Fedora (or Red Hat), any old RPM spec file that chills the blood and
frightens grown men will suffice. :)

Note that I'm not asking you to write anything hideous just for me, just
trying to collect "the best of the worst". Feel free to forward this
request anywhere that it might find bad SRPMS or specs.

Please send any specs (or links to SRPMS) to me either as a reply to
this email, or in a separate off-list email (to protect the guilty).

And if you happen to be attending the Red Hat Summit, swing by and feel
free to throw fruit. I'm presenting on Thursday June 1 at 2:15 PM
(schedule subject to change).

Thanks in advance,

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!

p.s. There is no need to send me copies of my own SRPMS/spec files. ;)