Q re moving email to diff machine

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Apr 27 02:59:25 UTC 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:

> Now I'm not understanding what you want me to do.  Is this something I
> do on this FC2 box where these folders live?  These are kmail-1.7
> folders, from a kde-3.3.0 built by konstruct install.  On this FC2 box.

He wants you to copy/move the folders from the old box to the new box
using your email client (evolution, thunderbird, whatever).  This will
use the IMAP protocol to take the mails and upload them to new box.  In
the process, all mailbox format conversions will be done automagically.

--
Space is to place as eternity is to time.
		-- Joseph Joubert