How to use dvgrab.

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu Apr 27 05:12:45 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 16:13 -0400, Mike Chalmers wrote:

> Kino experienced a segmentation fault.
> Dumping stack from the offending thread

This seems similar to the way it used to crash on my system, before it
got mysteriously fixed recently.

There is an easy way to find out if SELinux is the culprit.

yum install audit
reboot
tail -f /var/log/audit/audit.log

Prepare everything to crash Kino, but stop short of doing that final
single step that makes Kino crash.
Hit Enter a couple times in the terminal running tail -f
Now do whatever you used to do to crash Kino.
After it crashed, hit CTRL-C in the window running tail -f

If there are new lines displayed by tail -f when Kino crashed, it's
likely they were generated by Kino as a violation of some SELinux policy
or flag.
Copy those lines and paste them in a reply to this message to the
mailing list.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/