[fc5] I seem to have misplaced a few MHz

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Apr 27 08:09:50 UTC 2006

Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 08:36 +0100, Andy Green wrote:
>
>> service cpuspeed stop
>>
>> see if that helps.
>
> Yup -
>
> cpu MHz         : 700.000
>
> -=-
> Guess I need to look into how that service is configured.
> I do want it throttled when I disconnect - especially when using wifi
> (802.11g really sucks battery)

The klaptopdaemon stuff works reasonably well if you are a KDE person.
Use the Control Center to configure the power management.  Enable the
ACPI helper (ignoring the bogus warning about the app having changed
since compilation that has always been there), then in the same set of
property pages you can define the throttling and clock rate changes to
happen when you are on AC or on battery automagically.

Perhaps somebody else can give advice if you are a gnome person.

-Andy