[fc5] I seem to have misplaced a few MHz

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Apr 27 09:32:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 10:04 +0100, Andy Green wrote:

> You should perhaps kill cpuspeed from starting at boot at all if you
> think your BIOS really can cope on its own, otherwise cpuspeed will
> likely step in anyway

I have killed it for now - but no, the bios doesn't seem to do it on its
own. So I'll have to configure cpuspeed to do it properly.

It seems my bios when booted with acpi does properly identify the
ac_adapter state ( /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/AC/state exists with valid
information ) so it looks like it is just a matter of
configuring /etc/cpuspeed.conf to my needs.

Thanks for the tip on what was causing it. I can figure it out from
here.