Fedora Core 5 on vmware?

Crile Doscher Doschec at lincoln.ac.nz
Thu Apr 27 22:04:31 UTC 2006

I've got FC5 running on VMWare both on a laptop and a desktop with pretty
good results thus far though it's only been for a week or so. No problems
encountered during installation and the biggest issue for me has been
getting the various package managers (yum, rpm, pirut) to run on the
desktop machine, but that's more an issue of getting them to talk to a proxy
server so is less of a VMWare problem (yum works after a fair bit of work).
The laptop easily picked up a wireless network connection and updates no
problem.  The sound cards haven't been detected yet but that's an issue for
further down the track along with getting access to the Win drives and
printing to some network queues.  When run full screen I don't notice any
significant speed problems.  So far, so good.
Crile