New prob, no music player works on this lappy.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Apr 27 22:41:39 UTC 2006

Greetings;

HO laptop, dv5320us, light scribe cd/dvd writer drive.  FC5-i386
installed.

When I insert an audio cd, it eventially asks me what I want to do I
clicked on play.  But that app, although it goes thru the motions (I
think it was Kscd) is silent, and none of the input switches and
buttons in kmix will do anything but bring up circuit noise, no audio
seems to be making it from the cd reader to the rest of the system.

When I looked in /media to see if hal or udev had created a device
there, it had not done so.

grip, noatun and a couple other apps are all similarly blessed with
silence.

Any good ideas as to what to check next?
--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: