[PHILOSOPHY] Stability and Release Schedules

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 03:27:47 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 21:57, Mike McCarty wrote:

> > For a start not everyone in the world has enough bandwidth for that: so
> > they need iso images to be able to upgrade for example.
>
> Here's one which may make more headway for understanding. There is
> in any piece of software's life a thing called "integration test"
> where it is tested with other pieces it must coexist with. Until
> any given piece has been tested with other pieces, it may work
> fine, or it may not, but we don't know.

That would imply that you shouldn't expect software to work
unless it all comes from a single vendor, which should
not be the case at all - and if it is, you probably
shouldn't use any of it.  Your interfaces either do
what they are documented to do or not, and no amount
of changes to other parts should change that.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com