CDROM boot error

Jack Taylor jack at n7oo.com
Fri Apr 28 03:35:50 UTC 2006

In attempting to upgrade from RH 6.2 to FC-4 from a CD on an AMD K5 100 MHz
machine I get the following error on boot-up:

"Verifying DMI pool data ....
Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:
   1.  FD  (binary characters) System Type-(00)"

The AMD K-5 then switches to booting RH 6.2 from the Hard Drive.

I have verified that the FC-4 disc boots fine on a newer machine, so the
disc itself
is OK.

There is no problem with the CD player in the AMD K-5 as far as reading CDs
are concerned.  Just won't boot from the FC-4 installation disc.

Other than purchasing new equipment, can I disable  the drives on the newer
machine, move the AMD K-5 drive over and install FC-4 on the drive, and then
move it back to the AMD K-5?

What are my options?

Jack