print queue

G Rajesh ganesanrajesh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 08:26:04 UTC 2006

Hello,
I have three computers and two printers at my office (SOHO, okay).
Suppose I chose wrong printer, I am not able to delete the print job
permanently. Though the icon displayed at top-panel, gives me an option
to cancel the job and later to clear the same, the job again reappears
after some time - perhaps after rebooting.
I remember, when I was using suse, kde has on such tool by name
kprintjobview. Is there any tool like that in gnome? Or any command line
that will delete the job once for all.
This problem is really trouble some. Unless the job gets permanently I
am not able to use the printer or take printing? The printer queue seems
adamant in getting the wrong job printed :~(.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Rajesh