Difference between Debian and other flavours of Linux

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 28 13:54:44 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 15:37 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

> I don't want to get into the niceties of the language used, however,
> the release of Fedora is definitely not QA based, but time based,
> your assertions to the contrary notwithstanding.
>
> Just see above "We *try* to do a 6 month release cycle...."

Look at the historical release schedule and variations in time. A time
based release as you claimed would have meant that a release is made
regardless of other factors.

> IOW, the basis for release is time lapse. If the quality is so low
> that it just isn't reasonable, then it gets held up.

So QA is a factor.

> I also recall you making similar false claims earlier as well.
> It isn't necessary to remind me.

The people who do the release understand the factors better than others
who havent been involved with the process.

Rahul