Open Letter: How the FOSS Community May Help Disabled Users

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 28 16:13:01 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 17:53 +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:

> Of course, it is also highly likely that Fedora, given its rapid
> release cycles, will to experiment also on the desktop and so on, may
> be in a very good position to get ahead of its competitors to become
> the preferred distro for disabled users. But this requires interest
> for the background problem, and as many users as possible
> collaborating in the field, at the same desk, with just as many
> disabled users, each one with a probably different hw setup.  This
> simply isn't a case you can handle by email "run this command and post
> the output".
>
> Said this, thanks for all the info you provided on emacs speech and
> other tools. I will forward it.
>
> Thanks again for your support.

Thats easier than you would imagine. Write in a proposal to start a
project to the board.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board

Work on building a community around Fedora with end users and developers
starting with perhaps a mailing lists and discuss bugs with people
concerned with this problem and highlight issues or suggest ways in
which we can improve Fedora for such users and get this done.

Rahul