any suggestions to choose cool programs to edit files?

BB Cao pearlsmm at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 20:15:29 UTC 2006

Thank you all for much! I do appreciate such encouraging! What I mean for 4 is:

4, organize scietific references, I mean, paper references, title, author, pulish date, journal, publisher...

"Michael A. Peters" <mpeters at mac.com> wrote: On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 12:02 -0700, BB Cao wrote:

> 1, write Latex files,

emacs with auctex

yum install emacs-auctex

> 2, write a daily record,(diary?)

Don't have a clue. I know there is blogging software, I suspect it
doesn't have to be published to a live blog.

> 3, occasionaly edit a couple of webpages,

bluefish

> 4, organize references

There's a couple of front ends that create bibtex files - though I have
never used them. Is that what you meant?