Open Letter: How the FOSS Community May Help Disabled Users

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Apr 28 21:54:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 12:35 -0400, taharka wrote:
> Howdy Marco,
>
> On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 17:53 +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
> <snip>
> Might I suggest in the future, you use the terms physically/mentally
> challenged instead of disabled users? Here in the U.S. there is a never
> ending supply of politically correct nuts :-((

Just because you prefer politically correct terminology does not mean
everyone has to mollify your sensibilities.

I would never ask someone from a different area to change their language
use just to satisfy me.

You are free to reply with the terms you prefer, just as Marco is free
to use the phrases he wishes.