On passwords, securtiy and real -sweat, blook and tears- life

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 29 04:45:41 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 05:45 +0200, A.J. Bonnema wrote:
> A second issue is: suppose I would force my family to use really
> random passwords (like characters picked from a one-time pad).

You can use dictionary words, but *scrambling* their letters, as a way
to make things quite easily memorable.

e.g. Use the words "a", "good" & "friend" by interspersing the letters

   f r i e n d
 +  a
 +    d o o g    (reversed, "good", this time)

 = fardioeongd

Just be sure to *really* scramble the letters.

There's all sorts of tricks for memorising passwords, that's just one of
them.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.