Samba & AD configuration

Milos Puchta puchta at fel.cvut.cz
Sat Apr 29 17:06:34 UTC 2006

Hi!

I have read and googled around but failed to find comprehensive
description of Samba &Active Directory setup via graphical interface
(W2K3 highest domain and forest functional level)  From the Network
Monitor output and messsages log I understand, that the LDAP bind
request fails. I cannot see the communication to port 88 (Kerberos),
which explains perhaps the failing bind.

Any hint, chcklist, procedure of GUI procedure description would
be appreciated. I would prefere solution that does not lower the
security (eg by disabling encrypted communication with AD)

TIA
Milos