[PHILOSOPHY] Stability and Release Schedules

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Sat Apr 29 19:13:47 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> For those with limited bandwidth, who'd download the ISOs first, then
> burn them and then use their limited bandwidth for updates, the
> situation is different. Not downloading the ISOs, but installing
> directly from the net would spare them a lot of bandwidth and time,
> because it would avoid them having to download packages (as part of the
> ISOs) they have no use for, or have been updated/replace since the
> release of the ISOs.

I don't know how others find this, but I personally am a big fan of
grabbing the DVD ISOs, even with a relatively speedy connection. In this
way, I can install everything I need from the disc(s), and get work done
while I let the update do its thing.

--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
   DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479