Mozilla Suite vs. Firefox

Mike Chalmers mikechalmers70 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 03:08:23 UTC 2006

On 4/29/06, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
> Kam Leo wrote:
> >>
> >> Seamonkey has a lot better spell checking capabilities and uses the same
> >> profiles as mozilla/netscape. I use the seamonkey suite and am waiting
> >> for rpms for the suite to make it to make it to extras. Mozilla will
> >> soon be removed from core. Seamonkey will soon be in Extras.
> >
> > It is already in Extras.
> >

> >> Jim
> >>

> Version is seamonkey-1.0.1-1.fc6 and it adds mail icon that looks the
> same as the mozilla version. The browser has the seamonkey logo vs the
> red mozilla Icon. Everything seems to work fine with the rpms on FC5.
>
> Thanks!
> Jim
>

> --
> It's easy to get on the internet and forget you have a life
>         -- Topic on #LinuxGER
>
> --

Hi,
In package manager I have two seamonkey packages. One is "seamonkey -
1.0-11.fc5.i386" and the other one is "seamonkey - 1.0.1-1.fc5.i386".
Isn't "seamonkey - 1.0.1-1.fc5.i386" the newer one?

Also, what are extras? I keep hearing people saying that packages are
in extras. Are extras the package manager?

Thanks,
Mike