scim chinese input under non GB2312 locale

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 30 14:04:13 UTC 2006

Hi Ed

Tks for your advice.

> I don't have a 64bit environment.  However, exactly what you want
> depends on the input method you like.  Probably scim, scim-libs,
> scim-pinyin, scim-chewing, and scim-tables-chinese will get you what
> you
> need.  But, the packages aren't that big...so why not install scim*?

Yes, I'm prepared to install scim*.

Eventhough I experienced some problem in the past on Chinese editing in
running scim on FC3 compelling me to run BV1aL (Chinese Knoppix) Live
CD for Chinese input.  I would like to have another trial.  Would
runing;

# yum install scim*

installs all necessary packages for inputing Chinese.  I'm experienced
on Jianyi, Cangji input.

B.R.
SL