tiff2pdf looses information?

Matt Beals matt at mattbeals.com
Sun Aug 13 05:58:18 UTC 2006

A PDF can most certainly use image compression. Most often it uses medium
quality JPEG. Depending on how the conversion occurs it can also down sample
the image resolution to 150 dpi. There are several different compression
methods that could be used: None, LZW, 4bit ZIP, 8bit ZIP, JPEG, JPEG2000,
JBIG, CCITTG4, CCITTG3. All depends on how the software is configured.

Matt Beals
Consultant
Enfocus Certified Trainer, Markzware Recognized Trainer
(206) 618-2537 - cell
(720) 367-3869 - fax
mailto:matt at mattbeals.com

Come visit me at:
http://www.mattbeals.com
http://www.actionlistexchange.net
http://www.mattbeals.com/blog/

Friends don't let friends write HTML emails