How create a directory with full permiss for everybody

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 13 17:48:06 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 23:26 +1000, Ben Stringer wrote:
> I'm curious - how do you think adding every user to a group and
> providing group read/write/execute differs from providing global
> read/write/execute?

Using groups *only* allows the users that you put into a group, which
might not be *every* user on the system.  Even if you put all users on a
system into your users group, that still precludes non-person users from
access (services that run as a particular special user, etc.).

I read messages from the public lists.