Where kernel-devel stores its stuff

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Aug 16 07:01:08 UTC 2006

Stanimir Sotirov wrote:

> I have installed the kernel-devel, but when I am installing the Cisco
> VPN Client I have to show the installation program where to find (in
> which directory) the kernel headers for the kernel version I am running
> in order to build the VPN module ?!

You don't make your question clear, but I assume you are asking, "and
what is that directory"?

If you take a look down

/usr/src/kernels/

you should see a subdirectory in there for each version of the kernel
headers and such that are installed.  The path you want is the one of
those for your running kernel, eg

/usr/src/kernels/2.6.17-1.2157_FC5-smp-i686

-Andy

PS It's better to start a new thread with your post rather than replying
to some other thread