web conference/dekstop sharing for linux behind firewall

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 01:27:31 UTC 2006

On 8/17/06, Marius Andreiana <mandreiana.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a solution to connect from a PC with routable IP to another
> in an internal network (non-routable IP) with VNC, without port
> fordwarding? Both users have root access.
>
> Alternatively, is there a free web application such as Oracle web conferencing
> http://conference.oracle.com
> which allows desktop sharing (view & control), which also works on
> Linux ? (Oracle's doesn't)
> This doesn't need any incoming ports like VNC.
>
> I've found only limited trials.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Marius Andreiana
>
> --

Hi Marius Andreiana!

Well no one has responded in three or so hours so I will do my
non-expert best to help  you.

I have only some thoughts:

1. Change the VNC port to one not blocked.

2. Do VNC via SSH and see that the SSH port(s) used are not blocked.

3. Proxy / NAT?

I would love to know what you do choose, and I hope someone with
experience responds.

Good Hunting!

Tod