automated installation of rpm/app on a number of client machines

Brad Bonkoski bbonkoski at mediaguide.com
Fri Aug 18 15:59:54 UTC 2006

Well, if you are installing from scratch look into kickstart, I'm sure
there are plenty of guides out there for this, and there is a section in
the config file where you can script in customizations like machine
settings and such...

if this is more of an upgrade, put all the RPMS on some network drive
and write a script that will install/upgrade the rpms, and then some
additional script to whatever customizations you need.  If you need help
with the scripting portions google for bash tutorials.

-B