removing old Kernels

Bazooka Joe fastfish at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 22:46:00 UTC 2006

I asked the same question a while ago and this was how did it.

"On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 12:15:15PM -0700, Bazooka Joe wrote:
> I didn't make /boot big enough and I was wondering what I can delete if
> anything.
>
> this is a multi processor box so I know it needs the smp files

Yes. You can delete all your old kernels...

1) "uname -r" to tell you what kernel you are running.

2) "rpm -qa | grep kernel"

3) "rpm -e" all the kernel-XXX and kernel-devel-XXX kernels you want to delete.
  I recommend keeping your last two kernels.

4) In addition, you might want to do the following:

  rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep kernel | grep -v smp`

  That will remove all kernel and kernel-devel stuff that is not smp.

                       ---Kayvan
"