cups ppd files

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Aug 28 11:30:35 UTC 2006

Markku Kolkka wrote:

> Timothy Murphy kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika maanantai, 28.
> elokuuta 2006 03:19):
>> Well, consolehelper does not appear to me to be a symlink to
>> anything.
>
> Read "man consolehelper" to see how it works.

I know how it works.
You said that the two versions of system-config-printer
were both symlinks to printconf, and that is not so,
unless you use the word "symlink" in a different way to me.

Different programs, ie programs that do different things,
should have different names.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366