Font Size in Open Office Docs on different platforms

Andy Campbell fedora at starsend.force9.co.uk
Mon Aug 28 19:44:55 UTC 2006

When I transfer my open office documents to other platforms the font
size ( rendered ) is changing, causing the formating to go wrong.  A
10pt font under the Linux platform is shorter than that shown when
running Open Office on Windows/Solaris (Gnome).  On Linux I'm getting 2
more lines per page in a text document :-)

I tried to standardise using Microsoft's Arial font, but still the same
problem.  I've also tried exporting to PDF.  It becomes particularly
confusing on conference calls when I refer to a page in a document that
doesn't match with any one else.

Strangely for presentations - the text on Linux seems to bigger and flow
off the bottom of the slide.

Any ideas what is causing this ?  I 'm using FC5 with all the latest
updates.

Thanks
Andy