FC5 PPC confused by AppleRAID

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Wed Aug 30 13:24:10 UTC 2006

    I noticed last night, when I attempted to boot the FC5 PPC installer
CD on my dual G5 with two SATA drives and a Firewire 800 external drive,
that anaconda is very confused the presence of AppleRAID partitions. I
was prompted repeated after selecting the language to "Ignore" or "Cancel"
because it claimed that the partition was unexpectedly terminated (or
such...I'll recheck the exact error message tonight). The Fedora developers
may want to configure a AppleRAID mirror on a set of drives and fix
anaconda so that it can at least ignore those drives rather than throwing
up obscure error messages.
               Jack
ps The two SATA drives are configured with the AppleRAID mirror. I was
going to attempt to install FC5 on the Firewire drive (although I never
got far enough to determine if FC5 could handle the Firewire 800
interface connecting it).