Block IP

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Aug 31 12:39:59 UTC 2006

On Thursday August 31 2006 8:30 am, Jacques B. wrote:
> Good point.  I was coming from a dynamic IP.  But I could have added
> the ISP's subnet in the hosts.allow.  Wasn't a big issue as it only
> happened a few times and was only a R&D box to play with so it could
> always wait until the next morning when I went in and removed the
> entry from host.deny.  So never explored a better solution.

I'm actually in the opposite situation. I discovered the above while I was on
an ISP that gave me a fixed IP address. I've since moved and am on Verizon
DSL now and get my IP dynamically. Given the number of probes I get from
addresses in the Verizon world, I'm not too happy with that solution at
present. ;-)
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA