fedora / redhat based OS compile.

Gregory Machin gregory.machin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 09:22:16 UTC 2006

Hi..

I'm playing with Endian Fire wall wich is REL4 / Centos / Fedora  based .. I
want to recomple thier kernerl to run on embedded hardware, and add / alter
freatures but they have no documentation on doing this, and they  are not
very generious  with this  IP  wich I  can understand ...

this is the most info that is avalible on their forum
"
It's based on RedHat Enterprise v4.... From a previous forum post:

"endian firewall is based on source rpm's you find here:
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/i386/SRPMS/
in fact, those are the same as CentOS 4 uses. so you can safely use centos,
fedora or redhat rpm's on endian firewall. you need only to take care about
dependencies and some differences we still have because of the LFS system
of
ipcop (like /etc/rc.d, and so on)

if you like to build your own packages, you can do this on a
centos/redhat/fedora
machine or you can use the devel RPM's which we provide here:
http://www.endian.it/en/community/download/updates/ in order to create a
build
jail."
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=3832737

Not exactly sure on how to build it from source though, community
documentation is a bit lacking at the moment.
  "

My question is how do I create jail build environment  on fc 5 to do the
package / os build .. ??

Many Thanks

--
Gregory Machin