nfs questions!!!

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 1 14:17:26 UTC 2006

hi david...

thanks for the reply.. your answer confirmed what i had started to think
about. and yeah, you're right regarding only a few boxes for a home use..
however, i'm probably going to have 10-15 boxes running this app... but if
the issue really boils down to the user/group id then i could essentially
create a user with the same uid/gid on all boxes, or i could simply only
allow files to be created and added to the nfs share by the machine that
created the share...

this whole process is for use in a Condor system, where each node will be
performing some of the distributed applications.

thanks

-bruce