Installing TTF fonts on FC5

Msquared sub1.fedoralist at msquared.id.au
Tue Aug 1 21:53:26 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 11:35:19AM -0500, Dan L. wrote:

> > How do you install truetype fonts on FC5? I can't find where they go.
> > Thanks!
>
> This seems like a good way..
>
> http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html#True

That's specifically for the MS True Type fonts.  If you want to install
arbitrary fonts, you can put them in the .fonts folder in your home (if
you only care about one user).  (Note: this works under FC4, I'm assuming
it should work the same under FC5, but my assumption may be false.)

If you want to install them system-wide, try Ian Pilcher's suggesting...

Regards, Msquared...