Matlab & LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Aug 3 01:52:48 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 21:30 -0400, David Scriven wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> No, not for installed Matlab, but for stand-alone applications
> on machines that don't have Matlab installed, so no, I don't
> believe I'm doing anything wrong.

Ok, I misunderstood the "stand-alone" part.

So, exactly what isn't working for you?  Your description is pretty
vague.

If all you want to do is set some environment variables, then there are
many ways to accomplish that.  One quick/easy method is to "wrap" your
executable by writing a shell script that sets all the necessary
environment vars, etc. before calling the actual executable.  Many
programs use such a wrapper strategy.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
emails:  eh3 at mit.edu                ed at eh3.com
phone:   617-253-0098
fax:     617-253-4464