CIFS problems

Grant Ozolins grant.ozolins at firebox.com
Thu Aug 3 09:12:35 UTC 2006

Joe Barnett wrote:
> Anyway, try "unix extensions = no" in smb.conf (server) and see if
> this makes any difference.
>
> I realize the change took place on your client and not the server,
> but this still might work.

Alas, adding that config line (added that directive wasn't present in
the default smb.conf) hasn't made any difference.

While I can't read the contents of any files when navigating via my
client mount points., interestingly I *can* read the contents of files
when I connect to the share using the Nautilus "Network Servers" dialog
- so clearly Gnome VFS is doing something clever that regular samba /
CIFS mounting is not.

Cheers,

--
Grant Ozolins <grant.ozolins at firebox.com>