Sound on Acer Aspire ZWLMi notebook

JeeBee JeeBee at troefpunt.nl
Thu Aug 3 16:39:26 UTC 2006

> Have you considered having a look at the files above and see if ":" or ")"
> is really missing.  You can backup the original files, make changes and
> see what happens.

In /usr/src/kernels/linux-2.6.18-rc3/include/linux/spinlock.h:

#define LOCK_SECTION_NAME ".text.lock."KBUILD_BASENAME

This is used in rwsem.h as LOCK_SECTION_START("")

And in /root/alsa-source/alsa-driver/Rules.make I see
KBUILD_BASENAME getting defined several times and passed with -D.

Only, in the acore subdirectory, KBUILD_BASENAME does not get defined.

Hmmm. I added -DKBUILD_BASENAME=... (same as above) and that removed the
first error. Then I surrounded by -DKBUILD_BASENAME=\"...\" because I
think that was necessary too. Then I got a lot of other errors,
like: CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT undeclared here (not in a function).

I might have to give up here :'(
Perhaps I could try Fedora Core 6's test release :)

JeeBee.