Youtube killed Epiphany dead

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 3 19:28:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Andrew Conkling wrote:

> On 8/3/06, Beartooth <beartooth at adelphia.net> wrote:
>> I don't normally do sound, anyway, but decided to try it this time.
>> Never got any. Tried to open the Preferences dialog : clicked on Edit,
>> then on Preferences; that word took the highlight -- and everything
>> froze.
>
> Youtube = Flash, which is always a bad time.  Plus, sound with Flash
> takes a bit of extra setup perhaps.  Try the following:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats#head-f375cba46014e861cd5ec7643bd7c4ef05acff2b

 	Thanks, but I think I'll go on skipping sound. Otoh, I am
interested to discover Ubuntu.ppc exists.

[...]
>> I suppose I need to know how and where to get into epiphany from the
>> command line and get rid of the youtube URL and its tab; do I also need
>> more? Anything to do to privoxy or Fedora itself??
>
> I think it looks like epiphany is still running, though you Force Quit
> it.  I'd say kill it.  'killall epiphany' should do the trick, or you
> could end the process in the GNOME System Monitor.  Either way, you
> should be able to get Epiphany to start after that by just telling it
> not to recover tabs.

 	In fact, I let it start with tabs, and quick closed the one with
youtube on it. Maybe I'd better skip the Al Gore parody ...

 	Epiphany reminds me of the gray squirrels I hunt in Southern
Appalachia. You can get a good clean hit, so that they fall out of the
top of a tree like a sack of meat, landing with a loud thud -- and see
them in a few minutes forget they're dead, and start to crawl off.

 	Or was this a failure of the FC5 Force Quit button? I've never had
that happen before ...

--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD, Neo-Redneck, Linux Convert
What do they know of country, who only country know?